Philadelphia Area Archives Research Portal (PAARP)

Navigation Aids

Philadelphia Area Archives Research Portal (PAARP)
Search Finding Aids
 

Filters

hide/display content

Currently Used Filters

Remove
filtered Repository: Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church
Remove
filtered Date: 2000-2050
Remove
filtered Sort: Title (ascending)
Sort Results By:
hide/display content

Possible Sorts:

Narrow Results By:
view more...
view more...
view more...

Main Content

« First • Previous • Next • Last »
Results: *RSS*
Showing hits 1 - 23 out of 23  
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1920-2000
Creator:
Atglen United Methodist Church
Extent: 1 linear feet
Penningtonville Methodist Episcopal Church was organized in 1853 in Chester County, Pennsylvania. Penningtonville became a borough in 1876 and changed its name to Atglen, at which point the church changed its name to Atglen Methodist Episcopal Church. In 1997, Atglen United Methodist Church and nearby Gap United Methodist Church merged, creating Asbury Community United Methodist Church, which met at the Atglen location until it was discontinued in 2002. The Atglen United Methodist Church records, 1920-2000, consist primarily of trustee minutes (1932-1995) and membership and vital records such as baptisms, marriages, and deaths, (1920-1987), with a small amount of board minutes, annual budgets, cemetery records, newspaper clippings, church history, and a building sketch. (View full finding aid.)
title
Atglen United Methodist Church records
creator
Atglen United Methodist Church
id
UMC.36
repository
extent
1 linear feet
inclusive date
1920-2000
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Penningtonville Methodist Episcopal Church was organized in 1853 in Chester County, Pennsylvania. Penningtonville became a borough in 1876 and changed its name to Atglen, at which point the church changed its name to Atglen Methodist Episcopal Church. In 1997, Atglen United Methodist Church and nearby Gap United Methodist Church merged, creating Asbury Community United Methodist Church, which met at the Atglen location until it was discontinued in 2002. The Atglen United Methodist Church records, 1920-2000, consist primarily of trustee minutes (1932-1995) and membership and vital records such as baptisms, marriages, and deaths, (1920-1987), with a small amount of board minutes, annual budgets, cemetery records, newspaper clippings, church history, and a building sketch.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1830-2010
Creator:
Bustleton United Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Extent: 5.33 linear feet
Methodists began meeting for worship in the Bustleton neighborhood of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1827, although Bustleton Methodist Episcopal Church was not officially chartered until 1833. Bustleton United Methodist Church was discontinued around 2010. The Bustleton United Methodist Church records, 1830-2010, include membership and vital records, official board minutes, administrative board minutes, Quarterly Conference minutes, reports to Quarterly Conference, trustee minutes, bequests, building-related documents, newsletters, worship bulletins, anniversary and historical material, newspaper clippings, photographs, and various other documents. (View full finding aid.)
title
Bustleton United Methodist Church records
creator
Bustleton United Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
id
UMC.08
repository
extent
5.33 linear feet
inclusive date
1830-2010
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Methodists began meeting for worship in the Bustleton neighborhood of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1827, although Bustleton Methodist Episcopal Church was not officially chartered until 1833. Bustleton United Methodist Church was discontinued around 2010. The Bustleton United Methodist Church records, 1830-2010, include membership and vital records, official board minutes, administrative board minutes, Quarterly Conference minutes, reports to Quarterly Conference, trustee minutes, bequests, building-related documents, newsletters, worship bulletins, anniversary and historical material, newspaper clippings, photographs, and various other documents.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1801-2012
Creator:
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church
Extent: 55 linear feet
The territory of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church (U.S.) covers sixteen counties in the southeastern quarter of the state of Pennsylvania, roughly from Philadelphia to Harrisburg. The Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church collection of closed churches records, 1801-2012, consist of small amounts of records from various closed United Methodist churches (and predecessor denominations, Methodist churches and Methodist Episcopal churches) within the boundaries of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference. The amount of documentation varies by church, but there is less than one linear foot of material for each of the churches included in this collection. The materials consist largely of vital records (birth, marriage, baptism, and death), membership records, trustees' minutes, and Quarterly Conference minutes. Many other types of documents, such as Sunday School records, photographs, event programs, and newspaper clippings, can also be found. (View full finding aid.)
title
Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church closed churches records
creator
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church
id
UMC.02
repository
extent
55 linear feet
inclusive date
1801-2012
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The territory of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church (U.S.) covers sixteen counties in the southeastern quarter of the state of Pennsylvania, roughly from Philadelphia to Harrisburg. The Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church collection of closed churches records, 1801-2012, consist of small amounts of records from various closed United Methodist churches (and predecessor denominations, Methodist churches and Methodist Episcopal churches) within the boundaries of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference. The amount of documentation varies by church, but there is less than one linear foot of material for each of the churches included in this collection. The materials consist largely of vital records (birth, marriage, baptism, and death), membership records, trustees' minutes, and Quarterly Conference minutes. Many other types of documents, such as Sunday School records, photographs, event programs, and newspaper clippings, can also be found.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1773-2012
Creator:
United Methodist Church (U.S.). Eastern Pennsylvania Conference
Extent: 25 linear feet
The first conference of Methodist preachers in the colonies was held in Philadelphia in 1773. The Philadelphia Conference of the Methodist Episcopal Church, organized in 1796, was one of the six original regional annual conferences after the Methodist Episcopal Church in America was incorporated. As of 2014, the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church covers 16 counties, ranging roughly from Philadelphia to Harrisburg. About half of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church records, 1773-2012, are printed proceedings. Other document types, including reports to the conference, correspondence, and audiovisual materials, are also included in the collection. (View full finding aid.)
title
Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church records
creator
United Methodist Church (U.S.). Eastern Pennsylvania Conference
id
UMC.04
repository
extent
25 linear feet
inclusive date
1773-2012
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The first conference of Methodist preachers in the colonies was held in Philadelphia in 1773. The Philadelphia Conference of the Methodist Episcopal Church, organized in 1796, was one of the six original regional annual conferences after the Methodist Episcopal Church in America was incorporated. As of 2014, the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church covers 16 counties, ranging roughly from Philadelphia to Harrisburg. About half of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church records, 1773-2012, are printed proceedings. Other document types, including reports to the conference, correspondence, and audiovisual materials, are also included in the collection.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1851-2009
Creator:
Falls United Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Extent: 3 linear feet
Falls of Schuylkill Methodist Episcopal Church in what is now the East Falls neighborhood of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, was officially established in 1855, although the congregation was on a circuit with Manayunk and Fairmount as early as 1837. In 2005, known as Falls United Methodist Church and located at 3576 Indian Queen Lane, the church was discontinued. The Falls United Methodist Church records, 1851-2009, include a large amount of meeting minutes and vital and membership records, and a small amount of other records relating to the property, nursery school, church history, chorus, and other topics. (View full finding aid.)
title
Falls United Methodist Church records
creator
Falls United Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
id
UMC.32
repository
extent
3 linear feet
inclusive date
1851-2009
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Falls of Schuylkill Methodist Episcopal Church in what is now the East Falls neighborhood of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, was officially established in 1855, although the congregation was on a circuit with Manayunk and Fairmount as early as 1837. In 2005, known as Falls United Methodist Church and located at 3576 Indian Queen Lane, the church was discontinued. The Falls United Methodist Church records, 1851-2009, include a large amount of meeting minutes and vital and membership records, and a small amount of other records relating to the property, nursery school, church history, chorus, and other topics.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1854-2011
Creator:
Gladwyne United Methodist Church (Gladwyne, Pa.)
Extent: 1.75 linear feet
Gladwyne United Methodist Church in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania traces its roots to a church school in Fritz's School House, a private school, organized around the year 1830. Formerly known as Merion Square Methodist Episcopal Church and Lower Merion Methodist Episcopal Church, Gladwyne United Methodist Church was discontinued around 2011. The Gladwyne United Methodist Church records, 1854-2011, consist primarily of membership and vital records, as well as Board, Quarterly Conference, and Charge Conference minutes. Also included are small amounts of event programs, worship bulletins, historical materials, financial records, and photographs. (View full finding aid.)
title
Gladwyne United Methodist Church records
creator
Gladwyne United Methodist Church (Gladwyne, Pa.)
id
UMC.27
repository
extent
1.75 linear feet
inclusive date
1854-2011
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Gladwyne United Methodist Church in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania traces its roots to a church school in Fritz's School House, a private school, organized around the year 1830. Formerly known as Merion Square Methodist Episcopal Church and Lower Merion Methodist Episcopal Church, Gladwyne United Methodist Church was discontinued around 2011. The Gladwyne United Methodist Church records, 1854-2011, consist primarily of membership and vital records, as well as Board, Quarterly Conference, and Charge Conference minutes. Also included are small amounts of event programs, worship bulletins, historical materials, financial records, and photographs.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1843-2007
Creator:
Grace United Methodist Church (Catasauqua, Pa.)
Extent: 3 linear feet
The cornerstone for Grace Methodist Episcopal Church in Catasauqua, Lehigh County, Pennsylvania was laid in 1859. Emmanuel Evangelical United Brethren Church merged into the congregation in 1966. Grace United Methodist Church was discontinued in 2007. The Grace United Methodist Church records, 1843-2007, include minutes of the administrative board, church council, Charge Conference, and Quarterly Conference; birth, marriage, death, and membership records; and various other documents including church histories, deeds, photographs, and publications. (View full finding aid.)
title
Grace United Methodist Church records
creator
Grace United Methodist Church (Catasauqua, Pa.)
id
UMC.24
repository
extent
3 linear feet
inclusive date
1843-2007
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The cornerstone for Grace Methodist Episcopal Church in Catasauqua, Lehigh County, Pennsylvania was laid in 1859. Emmanuel Evangelical United Brethren Church merged into the congregation in 1966. Grace United Methodist Church was discontinued in 2007. The Grace United Methodist Church records, 1843-2007, include minutes of the administrative board, church council, Charge Conference, and Quarterly Conference; birth, marriage, death, and membership records; and various other documents including church histories, deeds, photographs, and publications.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1770-2014
(Bulk: 1970-2014)
Creator:
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church
Extent: 28 linear feet
Methodism is a protestant Christian faith based in the teachings of John Wesley (1703-1791), who preached "practical divinity," emphasis on Christian living, and putting faith and love into action. The Methodist Episcopal Church was organized in 1784 in the United States. After a series of divisions and unifications over the centuries, the modern United Methodist Church (U.S.) was formed in 1968. The Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church subject files, 1770-2014 (bulk 1970-2014), consist of small amounts of accumulated materials relating to Methodism, particularly, but not exclusively, in the Philadelphia area. Ephemera, such as pamphlets, brochures, newsletters, and newspaper clippings, as well as photocopies, make up a large percentage of the collection, although there are also photographs, correspondence, manuscripts, and other original documents. The collection is organized alphabetically by topic within six series: I. People, II. States, III. Methodist Bishops, IV. Methodist Ministers, V. St. George's United Methodist Church, and VI. Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church. (View full finding aid.)
title
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church subject files
creator
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church
id
UMC.01
repository
extent
28 linear feet
inclusive date
1770-2014
bulk date
1970-2014
abstract/scope/contents
Methodism is a protestant Christian faith based in the teachings of John Wesley (1703-1791), who preached "practical divinity," emphasis on Christian living, and putting faith and love into action. The Methodist Episcopal Church was organized in 1784 in the United States. After a series of divisions and unifications over the centuries, the modern United Methodist Church (U.S.) was formed in 1968. The Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church subject files, 1770-2014 (bulk 1970-2014), consist of small amounts of accumulated materials relating to Methodism, particularly, but not exclusively, in the Philadelphia area. Ephemera, such as pamphlets, brochures, newsletters, and newspaper clippings, as well as photocopies, make up a large percentage of the collection, although there are also photographs, correspondence, manuscripts, and other original documents. The collection is organized alphabetically by topic within six series: I. People, II. States, III. Methodist Bishops, IV. Methodist Ministers, V. St. George's United Methodist Church, and VI. Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1871-2006
Creator:
Kedron United Methodist Church (Morton, Pa.)
Extent: 1.5 linear feet
Kedron Methodist Episcopal Church was organized in Morton, Delaware County, Pennsylvania in 1860. Circa 2006, Kedron United Methodist Church was discontinued and several, if not all, of its remaining members transferred to C. C. Hancock Memorial United Methodist Church in nearby Springfield Township (Delaware County, Pennsylvania). The Kedron United Methodist Church records, 1871-2006, consist largely of membership and vital records such as baptisms, marriages, deaths, and transfers. Also included are some minutes of the Official Board, Charge Conference records, photographs, anniversary programs, historical materials, directories, bulletins, and other documents. (View full finding aid.)
title
Kedron United Methodist Church records
creator
Kedron United Methodist Church (Morton, Pa.)
id
UMC.42
repository
extent
1.5 linear feet
inclusive date
1871-2006
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Kedron Methodist Episcopal Church was organized in Morton, Delaware County, Pennsylvania in 1860. Circa 2006, Kedron United Methodist Church was discontinued and several, if not all, of its remaining members transferred to C. C. Hancock Memorial United Methodist Church in nearby Springfield Township (Delaware County, Pennsylvania). The Kedron United Methodist Church records, 1871-2006, consist largely of membership and vital records such as baptisms, marriages, deaths, and transfers. Also included are some minutes of the Official Board, Charge Conference records, photographs, anniversary programs, historical materials, directories, bulletins, and other documents.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1833-2006
(Bulk: 1948-2006)
Creator:
Mariner's Bethel United Methodist Church (Collingdale, Pa.)
Extent: 1.25 linear feet
Mariner's Bethel United Methodist Church in Collingdale, Delaware County, Pennsylvania was founded as Central Methodist Church in 1924, and changed its name in 1948. The church closed in 2010. The Mariner's Bethel United Methodist Church records, 1833-2006 (bulk 1948-2006), include administrative records, such as minutes, treasurer's reports, and budgets; membership and vital records, including baptisms, marriages, and deaths; photographs; anniversary pamphlets; and various other materials relating to the church and its history. (View full finding aid.)
title
Mariner's Bethel United Methodist Church records
creator
Mariner's Bethel United Methodist Church (Collingdale, Pa.)
id
UMC.37
repository
extent
1.25 linear feet
inclusive date
1833-2006
bulk date
1948-2006
abstract/scope/contents
Mariner's Bethel United Methodist Church in Collingdale, Delaware County, Pennsylvania was founded as Central Methodist Church in 1924, and changed its name in 1948. The church closed in 2010. The Mariner's Bethel United Methodist Church records, 1833-2006 (bulk 1948-2006), include administrative records, such as minutes, treasurer's reports, and budgets; membership and vital records, including baptisms, marriages, and deaths; photographs; anniversary pamphlets; and various other materials relating to the church and its history.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1931-2009
Creator:
Parkside United Methodist Church (Parkside, Pa.)
Extent: 1 linear feet
Parkside United Methodist Church, located at 2801 Edgmont Avenue in Parkside, Delaware County, Pennsylvania, was established in 1920 and discontinued around 2009. The Parkside United Methodist Church records, 1931-2009, consist primarily of official board minutes and trustee minutes with additional supporting documentation including historical notes and anniversary booklets, treasurer's reports, and various other materials. (View full finding aid.)
title
Parkside United Methodist Church records
creator
Parkside United Methodist Church (Parkside, Pa.)
id
UMC.15
repository
extent
1 linear feet
inclusive date
1931-2009
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Parkside United Methodist Church, located at 2801 Edgmont Avenue in Parkside, Delaware County, Pennsylvania, was established in 1920 and discontinued around 2009. The Parkside United Methodist Church records, 1931-2009, consist primarily of official board minutes and trustee minutes with additional supporting documentation including historical notes and anniversary booklets, treasurer's reports, and various other materials.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1897-2009
Creator:
Prospectville United Methodist Church (Prospectville, Pa.)
Extent: 1.25 linear feet
Prospectville Methodist Episcopal Church (later Prospectville Methodist Church) in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania began meeting in the late 19th century and may have been discontinued in the early 1950s. Prospectville Evangelical United Brethren Church began meeting in the 1940s and was formally established in 1953. It was originally called Prospectville Methodist Mission Church, was renamed Prospectville United Methodist Church in 1968, and was discontinued in 2009. Most of the Prospectville Methodist churches records, 1897-2009, are records from Prospectville Evangelical United Brethren Church (also called Prospectville Methodist Mission Church and Prospectville United Methodist Church), with a smaller amount of records from Prospectville Methodist Episcopal Church (also called Prospectville Methodist Church). Included are membership and vital records (baptisms, marriages), board minutes, Charge Conference materials, and various other papers such as photographs, histories, and property-related documents. (View full finding aid.)
title
Prospectville Methodist churches records
creator
Prospectville United Methodist Church (Prospectville, Pa.)
id
UMC.10
repository
extent
1.25 linear feet
inclusive date
1897-2009
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Prospectville Methodist Episcopal Church (later Prospectville Methodist Church) in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania began meeting in the late 19th century and may have been discontinued in the early 1950s. Prospectville Evangelical United Brethren Church began meeting in the 1940s and was formally established in 1953. It was originally called Prospectville Methodist Mission Church, was renamed Prospectville United Methodist Church in 1968, and was discontinued in 2009. Most of the Prospectville Methodist churches records, 1897-2009, are records from Prospectville Evangelical United Brethren Church (also called Prospectville Methodist Mission Church and Prospectville United Methodist Church), with a smaller amount of records from Prospectville Methodist Episcopal Church (also called Prospectville Methodist Church). Included are membership and vital records (baptisms, marriages), board minutes, Charge Conference materials, and various other papers such as photographs, histories, and property-related documents.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1832-2007
Creator:
Rehoboth Methodist Episcopal Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Extent: 3 linear feet
Rehoboth Methodist Episcopal Church in the Frankford Section of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania is known as the "mother church" of Frankford Methodism. It traces its roots to the first "Methodist Society" in the community, established in 1829. In 2001, Rehoboth merged into Central United Methodist Church, which closed in 2005. The Rehoboth Methodist Episcopal Church records, 1832-2007, include financial records, membership and cemetery records, class lists, board and trustee minutes, anniversary materials, worship bulletins, newsletters, photographs, ephemera, and various other documents. Some materials have been microfilmed and are available at other repositories. (View full finding aid.)
title
Rehoboth Methodist Episcopal Church records
creator
Rehoboth Methodist Episcopal Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
id
UMC.12
repository
extent
3 linear feet
inclusive date
1832-2007
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Rehoboth Methodist Episcopal Church in the Frankford Section of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania is known as the "mother church" of Frankford Methodism. It traces its roots to the first "Methodist Society" in the community, established in 1829. In 2001, Rehoboth merged into Central United Methodist Church, which closed in 2005. The Rehoboth Methodist Episcopal Church records, 1832-2007, include financial records, membership and cemetery records, class lists, board and trustee minutes, anniversary materials, worship bulletins, newsletters, photographs, ephemera, and various other documents. Some materials have been microfilmed and are available at other repositories.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1868-2012
Creator:
Simpson Memorial United Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Extent: 5 linear feet
Cambria Street Methodist Episcopal Church in the Kensington neighborhood of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania was founded in 1868. In 1889, the church accepted funding from the Annual Conference to build a new church building on condition that the church be renamed Simpson Memorial Methodist Episcopal Church in memory of Bishop Matthew Simpson. Simpson Memorial United Methodist Church was discontinued around 2012. The Simpson Memorial United Methodist Church records, 1868-2012, consist mainly of membership records, board minutes, Quarterly Conference minutes, and Charge Conference minutes. There are also small amounts of building-related records, ephemera, flyers, pamphlets, and a few photos. Some of the records have been microfilmed. (View full finding aid.)
title
Simpson Memorial United Methodist Church records
creator
Simpson Memorial United Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
id
UMC.28
repository
extent
5 linear feet
inclusive date
1868-2012
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Cambria Street Methodist Episcopal Church in the Kensington neighborhood of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania was founded in 1868. In 1889, the church accepted funding from the Annual Conference to build a new church building on condition that the church be renamed Simpson Memorial Methodist Episcopal Church in memory of Bishop Matthew Simpson. Simpson Memorial United Methodist Church was discontinued around 2012. The Simpson Memorial United Methodist Church records, 1868-2012, consist mainly of membership records, board minutes, Quarterly Conference minutes, and Charge Conference minutes. There are also small amounts of building-related records, ephemera, flyers, pamphlets, and a few photos. Some of the records have been microfilmed.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1763-2014
Creator:
St. George's United Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Extent: 45 linear feet
Historic St. George's Church in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania is known as the cradle of American Methodism. St. George's is American Methodism's oldest church building in continuous service; people called 'Methodists' have been meeting there since 1769. St. George's United Methodist Church records, 1763-2014, include vital records, administrative materials, financial documents, papers from subgroups of the church, photographs, blueprints, and various other materials. (View full finding aid.)
title
St. George's United Methodist Church records
creator
St. George's United Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
id
UMC.06
repository
extent
45 linear feet
inclusive date
1763-2014
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Historic St. George's Church in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania is known as the cradle of American Methodism. St. George's is American Methodism's oldest church building in continuous service; people called 'Methodists' have been meeting there since 1769. St. George's United Methodist Church records, 1763-2014, include vital records, administrative materials, financial documents, papers from subgroups of the church, photographs, blueprints, and various other materials.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1867-2004
Creator:
St. Paul's United Methodist Church (Hazleton, Pa.)
Extent: 1.75 linear feet
St. Paul's Methodist Episcopal Church built its first church building on West Green Street in Hazleton, Luzerne County, Pennsylvania in 1860. St. Paul's remained on West Green Street until its closing in 2004. The St. Paul's United Methodist Church records, 1867-2004, consist primarily of membership and vital records such as baptisms, marriages, deaths, and transfers. Also included are annual reports of various committees and pastors, reports to Charge Conferences, materials related to the church's endowment fund, papers concerning the church's closing in 2004, and a few other documents. (View full finding aid.)
title
St. Paul's United Methodist Church records
creator
St. Paul's United Methodist Church (Hazleton, Pa.)
id
UMC.41
repository
extent
1.75 linear feet
inclusive date
1867-2004
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
St. Paul's Methodist Episcopal Church built its first church building on West Green Street in Hazleton, Luzerne County, Pennsylvania in 1860. St. Paul's remained on West Green Street until its closing in 2004. The St. Paul's United Methodist Church records, 1867-2004, consist primarily of membership and vital records such as baptisms, marriages, deaths, and transfers. Also included are annual reports of various committees and pastors, reports to Charge Conferences, materials related to the church's endowment fund, papers concerning the church's closing in 2004, and a few other documents.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1891-2005
(Bulk: 1932-2005)
Creator:
Swiftwater United Methodist Church (Swiftwater, Pa.)
Extent: 1.33 linear feet
In 1851, Oliver D. Smith deeded land for a Methodist Episcopal church near East Swiftwater, Monroe County, Pennsylvania. It was known as Paradise Methodist Episcopal Church until 1892, when a new building was constructed and the church's name changed to Swiftwater Methodist Episcopal Church. Swiftwater United Methodist Church was discontinued in 2005. The Swiftwater United Methodist Church records, 1891-2005 (bulk 1932-2005), include a large amount of membership and vital (baptism, marriage, death) records, Quarterly and Charge Conference minutes, and Official and Administrative Board minutes, as well as a smattering of legal and property-related documents, financial records, church histories, photographs, and other materials. (View full finding aid.)
title
Swiftwater United Methodist Church records
creator
Swiftwater United Methodist Church (Swiftwater, Pa.)
id
UMC.22
repository
extent
1.33 linear feet
inclusive date
1891-2005
bulk date
1932-2005
abstract/scope/contents
In 1851, Oliver D. Smith deeded land for a Methodist Episcopal church near East Swiftwater, Monroe County, Pennsylvania. It was known as Paradise Methodist Episcopal Church until 1892, when a new building was constructed and the church's name changed to Swiftwater Methodist Episcopal Church. Swiftwater United Methodist Church was discontinued in 2005. The Swiftwater United Methodist Church records, 1891-2005 (bulk 1932-2005), include a large amount of membership and vital (baptism, marriage, death) records, Quarterly and Charge Conference minutes, and Official and Administrative Board minutes, as well as a smattering of legal and property-related documents, financial records, church histories, photographs, and other materials.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1924-2005
Creator:
Tabernacle Memorial United Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Extent: 1.33 linear feet
Tabernacle Memorial Methodist Church of Rhawnhurst, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, established in 1924, was formerly known as Berean, and then, Rhawnhurst Methodist Church. It was located at Loretto and Ripley Streets. Tabernacle Memorial United Methodist Church was discontinued around 2005. The Tabernacle Memorial United Methodist Church records, 1924-2005, consist primarily of board minutes, trustee minutes, Charge Conference minutes, and membership and vital records. Also included are some financial records, event and worship programs, and various other documents. (View full finding aid.)
title
Tabernacle Memorial United Methodist Church records
creator
Tabernacle Memorial United Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
id
UMC.07
repository
extent
1.33 linear feet
inclusive date
1924-2005
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Tabernacle Memorial Methodist Church of Rhawnhurst, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, established in 1924, was formerly known as Berean, and then, Rhawnhurst Methodist Church. It was located at Loretto and Ripley Streets. Tabernacle Memorial United Methodist Church was discontinued around 2005. The Tabernacle Memorial United Methodist Church records, 1924-2005, consist primarily of board minutes, trustee minutes, Charge Conference minutes, and membership and vital records. Also included are some financial records, event and worship programs, and various other documents.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1873-2001
Creator:
Tacony United Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Extent: 2 linear feet
In 1858, a Methodist Sunday School was opened to serve the Tacony neighborhood of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. It became Tacony Methodist Episcopal Church in 1873. Tacony United Methodist Church was discontinued in 2001. The Tacony United Methodist Church records, 1873-2001, include minutes of the Board of Stewards, Trustees, Quarterly Conference, and Official Board; membership and vital records; and anniversary programs and historical accounts, membership directories, property-related documents, photographs, and various other documents. (View full finding aid.)
title
Tacony United Methodist Church records
creator
Tacony United Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
id
UMC.18
repository
extent
2 linear feet
inclusive date
1873-2001
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
In 1858, a Methodist Sunday School was opened to serve the Tacony neighborhood of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. It became Tacony Methodist Episcopal Church in 1873. Tacony United Methodist Church was discontinued in 2001. The Tacony United Methodist Church records, 1873-2001, include minutes of the Board of Stewards, Trustees, Quarterly Conference, and Official Board; membership and vital records; and anniversary programs and historical accounts, membership directories, property-related documents, photographs, and various other documents.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1924-2001
Creator:
Trinity United Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Extent: 3.25 linear feet
Trinity Methodist Episcopal Church was formalized as a congregation and broke ground on a church building at Castor Avenue and Tyson Avenue in Northeast Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, in 1927. Trinity United Methodist Church was discontinued in 2001. The Trinity United Methodist Church records, 1924-2001, include board minutes, Quarterly and Charge Conference records, trustee minutes, property-related records, worship bulletins, anniversary booklets and historical documents, photographs, membership and vital records (directories, marriages, baptisms, funerals), and various other documents. (View full finding aid.)
title
Trinity United Methodist Church records
creator
Trinity United Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
id
UMC.17
repository
extent
3.25 linear feet
inclusive date
1924-2001
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Trinity Methodist Episcopal Church was formalized as a congregation and broke ground on a church building at Castor Avenue and Tyson Avenue in Northeast Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, in 1927. Trinity United Methodist Church was discontinued in 2001. The Trinity United Methodist Church records, 1924-2001, include board minutes, Quarterly and Charge Conference records, trustee minutes, property-related records, worship bulletins, anniversary booklets and historical documents, photographs, membership and vital records (directories, marriages, baptisms, funerals), and various other documents.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1891-2004
Creator:
Trinity-Chelten United Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Extent: 3 linear feet
Trinity-Chelten United Methodist Church in the Germantown neighborhood of Philadelphia was established in 1970 as a merger of Chelten Avenue United Methodist Church (founded as Chelten Avenue Methodist Episcopal Church in 1886) and Trinity United Methodist Church (organized as Trinity Methodist Episcopal Church in 1900). The merged congregation met in the Chelten Avenue church building until it was discontinued in 2004. The Trinity-Chelten United Methodist Church records, 1891-2004, are largely composed of records from Chelten Avenue Methodist Episcopal Church, although some materials relate to Trinity Methodist Episcopal Church or the merged congregation. It includes Quarterly Conference records, trustee minutes, official board minutes, administrative board and council minutes, Charge Conference materials, membership and vital records (marriages, baptisms, funerals), and a small amount of financial documents, church histories, photographs, and other materials. (View full finding aid.)
title
Trinity-Chelten United Methodist Church records
creator
Trinity-Chelten United Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
id
UMC.25
repository
extent
3 linear feet
inclusive date
1891-2004
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Trinity-Chelten United Methodist Church in the Germantown neighborhood of Philadelphia was established in 1970 as a merger of Chelten Avenue United Methodist Church (founded as Chelten Avenue Methodist Episcopal Church in 1886) and Trinity United Methodist Church (organized as Trinity Methodist Episcopal Church in 1900). The merged congregation met in the Chelten Avenue church building until it was discontinued in 2004. The Trinity-Chelten United Methodist Church records, 1891-2004, are largely composed of records from Chelten Avenue Methodist Episcopal Church, although some materials relate to Trinity Methodist Episcopal Church or the merged congregation. It includes Quarterly Conference records, trustee minutes, official board minutes, administrative board and council minutes, Charge Conference materials, membership and vital records (marriages, baptisms, funerals), and a small amount of financial documents, church histories, photographs, and other materials.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1840-2011
Creator:
United Methodist Church of Narberth (Narberth, Pa.)
Extent: 1.67 linear feet
Beth-Raffen Methodist Episcopal Church was established in 1884 in what is today known as Narberth, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. Originally part of the Merion Square Circuit, Beth-Raffen changed its name to Narberth Methodist Episcopal Church and became a separate station under the Philadelphia Conference in 1897. The United Methodist Church of Narberth was discontinued in 2013. The United Methodist Church of Narberth records, 1840-2011, consist largely of membership and vital records such as baptisms, marriages, deaths, and transfers; and minutes of the Board of Trustees, Official Board, Quarterly Conference, membership meetings, and Building Committee. Also included are a small amount of photographs, anniversary programs, correspondence, historical materials, directories, bulletins, and other documents. (View full finding aid.)
title
United Methodist Church of Narberth records
creator
United Methodist Church of Narberth (Narberth, Pa.)
id
UMC.35
repository
extent
1.67 linear feet
inclusive date
1840-2011
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Beth-Raffen Methodist Episcopal Church was established in 1884 in what is today known as Narberth, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. Originally part of the Merion Square Circuit, Beth-Raffen changed its name to Narberth Methodist Episcopal Church and became a separate station under the Philadelphia Conference in 1897. The United Methodist Church of Narberth was discontinued in 2013. The United Methodist Church of Narberth records, 1840-2011, consist largely of membership and vital records such as baptisms, marriages, deaths, and transfers; and minutes of the Board of Trustees, Official Board, Quarterly Conference, membership meetings, and Building Committee. Also included are a small amount of photographs, anniversary programs, correspondence, historical materials, directories, bulletins, and other documents.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1873-2003
Creator:
Upland United Methodist Church (Brookhaven, Pa.)
Extent: 2.75 linear feet
The congregation for Upland United Methodist Church began meeting in 1866, although it was not until 1873 that construction began on a new church building, at Church and Eighth Streets in the nearby Borough of Brookhaven, Delaware County, Pennsylvania. The final service was held at Upland United Methodist Church on Sunday July 13, 2003. The Upland United Methodist Church records, 1873-2003, consist largely of minutes of the official board, administrative board, and board of trustees; Charge Conference reports; and membership and vital records such as baptisms, marriages, and deaths. Also included are a small amount of property-related records (featuring blueprints of the church organ and a photograph of the church building), directories, bulletins, budgets, and other documents. (View full finding aid.)
title
Upland United Methodist Church records
creator
Upland United Methodist Church (Brookhaven, Pa.)
id
UMC.23
repository
extent
2.75 linear feet
inclusive date
1873-2003
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The congregation for Upland United Methodist Church began meeting in 1866, although it was not until 1873 that construction began on a new church building, at Church and Eighth Streets in the nearby Borough of Brookhaven, Delaware County, Pennsylvania. The final service was held at Upland United Methodist Church on Sunday July 13, 2003. The Upland United Methodist Church records, 1873-2003, consist largely of minutes of the official board, administrative board, and board of trustees; Charge Conference reports; and membership and vital records such as baptisms, marriages, and deaths. Also included are a small amount of property-related records (featuring blueprints of the church organ and a photograph of the church building), directories, bulletins, budgets, and other documents.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
« First • Previous • Next • Last »