Philadelphia Area Archives Research Portal (PAARP)

Navigation Aids

Philadelphia Area Archives Research Portal (PAARP)
Search Finding Aids
 

Filters

hide/display content

Currently Used Filters

Remove
filtered Repository: Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church
Remove
filtered Subject: Topic: City churches
Remove
filtered Sort: Title (ascending)
Sort Results By:
hide/display content

Possible Sorts:

Narrow Results By:
view more...
view more...
view more...

Main Content

« First • Previous • NextLast »
Results: *RSS*
Showing hits 1 - 25 out of 30  
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1913-1969
Creator:
Bickley Memorial United Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Extent: 1.8 linear feet
Bickley Memorial United Methodist Church, founded as Oak Lane Park Methodist Episcopal Church in 1913 at 6th and Chelten Avenue in the Oak Lane section of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, was discontinued in 2000. The Bickley Memorial United Methodist Church records, 1913-1969, consist primarily of Board and Quarterly Conference minutes. Also included are financial records, building-related records, some historical materials, membership directories, and various other documents. (View full finding aid.)
title
Bickley Memorial United Methodist Church records
creator
Bickley Memorial United Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
id
UMC.45
repository
extent
1.8 linear feet
inclusive date
1913-1969
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Bickley Memorial United Methodist Church, founded as Oak Lane Park Methodist Episcopal Church in 1913 at 6th and Chelten Avenue in the Oak Lane section of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, was discontinued in 2000. The Bickley Memorial United Methodist Church records, 1913-1969, consist primarily of Board and Quarterly Conference minutes. Also included are financial records, building-related records, some historical materials, membership directories, and various other documents.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1830-2010
Creator:
Bustleton United Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Extent: 5.33 linear feet
Methodists began meeting for worship in the Bustleton neighborhood of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1827, although Bustleton Methodist Episcopal Church was not officially chartered until 1833. Bustleton United Methodist Church was discontinued around 2010. The Bustleton United Methodist Church records, 1830-2010, include membership and vital records, official board minutes, administrative board minutes, Quarterly Conference minutes, reports to Quarterly Conference, trustee minutes, bequests, building-related documents, newsletters, worship bulletins, anniversary and historical material, newspaper clippings, photographs, and various other documents. (View full finding aid.)
title
Bustleton United Methodist Church records
creator
Bustleton United Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
id
UMC.08
repository
extent
5.33 linear feet
inclusive date
1830-2010
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Methodists began meeting for worship in the Bustleton neighborhood of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1827, although Bustleton Methodist Episcopal Church was not officially chartered until 1833. Bustleton United Methodist Church was discontinued around 2010. The Bustleton United Methodist Church records, 1830-2010, include membership and vital records, official board minutes, administrative board minutes, Quarterly Conference minutes, reports to Quarterly Conference, trustee minutes, bequests, building-related documents, newsletters, worship bulletins, anniversary and historical material, newspaper clippings, photographs, and various other documents.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1834-1968
Creator:
Christ Methodist Episcopal Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Extent: 2.75 linear feet
Christ Methodist Episcopal Church was located at North 38th Street in the Mantua neighborhood of West Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. It was also known at various times as Mantua, Thirty-Eighth Street, and Heiskell Chapel Methodist Episcopal Churches. The church was founded in 1852 and discontinued in 1968. The Christ Methodist Episcopal Church records, 1834-1968, consist of membership records, marriages, baptisms, Quarterly Conference records, minute books, and various assorted financial, property, and other records. (View full finding aid.)
title
Christ Methodist Episcopal Church records
creator
Christ Methodist Episcopal Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
id
UMC.31
repository
extent
2.75 linear feet
inclusive date
1834-1968
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Christ Methodist Episcopal Church was located at North 38th Street in the Mantua neighborhood of West Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. It was also known at various times as Mantua, Thirty-Eighth Street, and Heiskell Chapel Methodist Episcopal Churches. The church was founded in 1852 and discontinued in 1968. The Christ Methodist Episcopal Church records, 1834-1968, consist of membership records, marriages, baptisms, Quarterly Conference records, minute books, and various assorted financial, property, and other records.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1834-1945, 1995
Creator:
Church of the Covenant Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Extent: 2.75 linear feet
Salem Methodist Episcopal Church was founded in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1835, and re-located to Lombard and Juniper Streets in 1841. It merged with Western Methodist Episcopal Church to form Methodist Episcopal Church of the Covenant in 1894, located at 18th and Spruce Streets. Church of the Covenant Methodist Church was discontinued in 1945. Most of the Church of the Covenant Methodist Church records, 1834-1945 and 1995, are Salem Methodist Episcopal Church registers and minutes (First Leaders, trustees, and Quarterly Conference). Records from Western Methodist Episcopal Church and Church of the Covenant Methodist Church are also present. (View full finding aid.)
title
Church of the Covenant Methodist Church records
creator
Church of the Covenant Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
id
UMC.47
repository
extent
2.75 linear feet
inclusive date
1834-1945, 1995
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Salem Methodist Episcopal Church was founded in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1835, and re-located to Lombard and Juniper Streets in 1841. It merged with Western Methodist Episcopal Church to form Methodist Episcopal Church of the Covenant in 1894, located at 18th and Spruce Streets. Church of the Covenant Methodist Church was discontinued in 1945. Most of the Church of the Covenant Methodist Church records, 1834-1945 and 1995, are Salem Methodist Episcopal Church registers and minutes (First Leaders, trustees, and Quarterly Conference). Records from Western Methodist Episcopal Church and Church of the Covenant Methodist Church are also present.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1826-1941
Creator:
Ebenezer Methodist Episcopal Church (Southwark, Philadelphia, Pa.)
Extent: 1.5 linear feet
Ebenezer Methodist Episcopal Church in the Southwark section of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania was founded in 1790 and discontinued in 1938. The Ebenezer Methodist Episcopal Church records, 1826-1941, consist largely membership, marriage, and baptism records. There is also a Quarterly Conference Record dating from 1835 to 1867, one book from 1903 to 1904 consisting of burial records from both Ebenezer Methodist Episcopal Church in Southwark and Ebenezer Church in Havertown, and various other documents. (View full finding aid.)
title
Ebenezer Methodist Episcopal Church records
creator
Ebenezer Methodist Episcopal Church (Southwark, Philadelphia, Pa.)
id
UMC.38
repository
extent
1.5 linear feet
inclusive date
1826-1941
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Ebenezer Methodist Episcopal Church in the Southwark section of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania was founded in 1790 and discontinued in 1938. The Ebenezer Methodist Episcopal Church records, 1826-1941, consist largely membership, marriage, and baptism records. There is also a Quarterly Conference Record dating from 1835 to 1867, one book from 1903 to 1904 consisting of burial records from both Ebenezer Methodist Episcopal Church in Southwark and Ebenezer Church in Havertown, and various other documents.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
circa 1875-1986
Creator:
Emmanuel Methodist Episcopal Church (25th and Brown Streets, Philadelphia, Pa.)
Extent: 1 linear feet
Emmanuel Methodist Episcopal Church was located at 25th and Brown Streets in the Fairmount neighborhood of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Started as a mission of the Spring Garden Street Church, it was founded in 1875 and discontinued in 1985. The Emmanuel Methodist Episcopal Church records, circa 1875-1986, consist primarily of membership and vital records, with one minute book, twenty years of "The Emmanuel Observer" newsletter, and various other documents. (View full finding aid.)
title
Emmanuel Methodist Episcopal Church records
creator
Emmanuel Methodist Episcopal Church (25th and Brown Streets, Philadelphia, Pa.)
id
UMC.39
repository
extent
1 linear feet
inclusive date
circa 1875-1986
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Emmanuel Methodist Episcopal Church was located at 25th and Brown Streets in the Fairmount neighborhood of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Started as a mission of the Spring Garden Street Church, it was founded in 1875 and discontinued in 1985. The Emmanuel Methodist Episcopal Church records, circa 1875-1986, consist primarily of membership and vital records, with one minute book, twenty years of "The Emmanuel Observer" newsletter, and various other documents.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1851-2009
Creator:
Falls United Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Extent: 3 linear feet
Falls of Schuylkill Methodist Episcopal Church in what is now the East Falls neighborhood of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, was officially established in 1855, although the congregation was on a circuit with Manayunk and Fairmount as early as 1837. In 2005, known as Falls United Methodist Church and located at 3576 Indian Queen Lane, the church was discontinued. The Falls United Methodist Church records, 1851-2009, include a large amount of meeting minutes and vital and membership records, and a small amount of other records relating to the property, nursery school, church history, chorus, and other topics. (View full finding aid.)
title
Falls United Methodist Church records
creator
Falls United Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
id
UMC.32
repository
extent
3 linear feet
inclusive date
1851-2009
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Falls of Schuylkill Methodist Episcopal Church in what is now the East Falls neighborhood of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, was officially established in 1855, although the congregation was on a circuit with Manayunk and Fairmount as early as 1837. In 2005, known as Falls United Methodist Church and located at 3576 Indian Queen Lane, the church was discontinued. The Falls United Methodist Church records, 1851-2009, include a large amount of meeting minutes and vital and membership records, and a small amount of other records relating to the property, nursery school, church history, chorus, and other topics.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1833-2006
(Bulk: 1948-2006)
Creator:
Mariner's Bethel United Methodist Church (Collingdale, Pa.)
Extent: 1.25 linear feet
Mariner's Bethel United Methodist Church in Collingdale, Delaware County, Pennsylvania was founded as Central Methodist Church in 1924, and changed its name in 1948. The church closed in 2010. The Mariner's Bethel United Methodist Church records, 1833-2006 (bulk 1948-2006), include administrative records, such as minutes, treasurer's reports, and budgets; membership and vital records, including baptisms, marriages, and deaths; photographs; anniversary pamphlets; and various other materials relating to the church and its history. (View full finding aid.)
title
Mariner's Bethel United Methodist Church records
creator
Mariner's Bethel United Methodist Church (Collingdale, Pa.)
id
UMC.37
repository
extent
1.25 linear feet
inclusive date
1833-2006
bulk date
1948-2006
abstract/scope/contents
Mariner's Bethel United Methodist Church in Collingdale, Delaware County, Pennsylvania was founded as Central Methodist Church in 1924, and changed its name in 1948. The church closed in 2010. The Mariner's Bethel United Methodist Church records, 1833-2006 (bulk 1948-2006), include administrative records, such as minutes, treasurer's reports, and budgets; membership and vital records, including baptisms, marriages, and deaths; photographs; anniversary pamphlets; and various other materials relating to the church and its history.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1801-1945
Creator:
Methodist Episcopal Union Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Extent: 5 linear feet
Methodist Episcopal Union Church was formed in 1801 at 4th and Arch Streets in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania by a group that split off from St. George's Methodist Episcopal Church. In 1887 West Park Avenue Chapel merged into the Church, and soon after the Union congregation moved to a new building designed by noted Philadelphia architects Hazelhurst & Huckel at 20th and Diamond Streets. Union Methodist Church was discontinued in 1945. The Methodist Episcopal Union Church records, 1801-1945, include membership and vital records, trustee minutes, Quarterly Conference records, financial papers, reports, mortgages and property-related records, pamphlets and ephemera, correspondence, photographs, cemetery records, and other documents. (View full finding aid.)
title
Methodist Episcopal Union Church records
creator
Methodist Episcopal Union Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
id
UMC.33
repository
extent
5 linear feet
inclusive date
1801-1945
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Methodist Episcopal Union Church was formed in 1801 at 4th and Arch Streets in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania by a group that split off from St. George's Methodist Episcopal Church. In 1887 West Park Avenue Chapel merged into the Church, and soon after the Union congregation moved to a new building designed by noted Philadelphia architects Hazelhurst & Huckel at 20th and Diamond Streets. Union Methodist Church was discontinued in 1945. The Methodist Episcopal Union Church records, 1801-1945, include membership and vital records, trustee minutes, Quarterly Conference records, financial papers, reports, mortgages and property-related records, pamphlets and ephemera, correspondence, photographs, cemetery records, and other documents.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1828-1888
Creator:
Nazareth Methodist Episcopal Church (13th and Spring Garden Streets, Philadelphia, Pa.)
Extent: 2.5 linear feet
Nazareth Methodist Episcopal Church was established in 1818 and moved to 13th Street between Race and Vine streets in 1827. In 1887, the congregation merged with nearby Central Methodist Episcopal Church to form Thirteenth Street Methodist Episcopal Church. Thirteenth Street Methodist Church was discontinued in 1940. The Nazareth Methodist Episcopal Church records, 1828-1888, consist of Board of Trustees minutes, Leaders' and Stewards' Meeting minutes, Quarterly Conference records, deeds, record of certificates, membership and vital records (members, marriages, baptisms), and various other documents. (View full finding aid.)
title
Nazareth Methodist Episcopal Church records
creator
Nazareth Methodist Episcopal Church (13th and Spring Garden Streets, Philadelphia, Pa.)
id
UMC.26
repository
extent
2.5 linear feet
inclusive date
1828-1888
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Nazareth Methodist Episcopal Church was established in 1818 and moved to 13th Street between Race and Vine streets in 1827. In 1887, the congregation merged with nearby Central Methodist Episcopal Church to form Thirteenth Street Methodist Episcopal Church. Thirteenth Street Methodist Church was discontinued in 1940. The Nazareth Methodist Episcopal Church records, 1828-1888, consist of Board of Trustees minutes, Leaders' and Stewards' Meeting minutes, Quarterly Conference records, deeds, record of certificates, membership and vital records (members, marriages, baptisms), and various other documents.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1860-1938
Creator:
Nineteenth Street Methodist Episcopal Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Extent: 2 linear feet
Nineteenth Street Methodist Episcopal Church was located at 19th and Poplar Streets in the Fairmount section of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. It was founded in 1860 from Hedding Methodist Church, and in 1939 merged with Emmanuel Methodist Episcopal Church (at 25th and Brown Streets). Emmanuel Methodist Episcopal Church was discontinued in 1985. The Nineteenth Street Methodist Episcopal Church records, 1860-1938, consist of trustee minutes, Quarterly Conference minutes, historical information, class members listing, attendance and offering book, other documents, and a large amount of member and vital records. (View full finding aid.)
title
Nineteenth Street Methodist Episcopal Church records
creator
Nineteenth Street Methodist Episcopal Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
id
UMC.51
repository
extent
2 linear feet
inclusive date
1860-1938
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Nineteenth Street Methodist Episcopal Church was located at 19th and Poplar Streets in the Fairmount section of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. It was founded in 1860 from Hedding Methodist Church, and in 1939 merged with Emmanuel Methodist Episcopal Church (at 25th and Brown Streets). Emmanuel Methodist Episcopal Church was discontinued in 1985. The Nineteenth Street Methodist Episcopal Church records, 1860-1938, consist of trustee minutes, Quarterly Conference minutes, historical information, class members listing, attendance and offering book, other documents, and a large amount of member and vital records.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1871-1953
Creator:
Norris Square Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Extent: 1.75 linear feet
Norris Square Methodist Episcopal Church, the successor to Somerset Mission and Lehigh Avenue Methodist Episcopal Church, was incorporated in 1874 and located on Mascher and Colona streets, above Susquehanna Avenue in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Norris Square Methodist Church was discontinued in 1952. The Norris Square Methodist Church records, 1871-1953, consist largely of membership and vital records such as baptisms, marriages, deaths, and transfers. Also included are minutes of the Official Board, Quarterly Conference, and membership meetings; materials relating to the church's closing; property documents; charters; and various other documents. (View full finding aid.)
title
Norris Square Methodist Church records
creator
Norris Square Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
id
UMC.43
repository
extent
1.75 linear feet
inclusive date
1871-1953
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Norris Square Methodist Episcopal Church, the successor to Somerset Mission and Lehigh Avenue Methodist Episcopal Church, was incorporated in 1874 and located on Mascher and Colona streets, above Susquehanna Avenue in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Norris Square Methodist Church was discontinued in 1952. The Norris Square Methodist Church records, 1871-1953, consist largely of membership and vital records such as baptisms, marriages, deaths, and transfers. Also included are minutes of the Official Board, Quarterly Conference, and membership meetings; materials relating to the church's closing; property documents; charters; and various other documents.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1879-1991
Creator:
Olivet-Bethany United Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Extent: 2.2 linear feet
Bethany Methodist Episcopal Church at 11th Street and Mifflin Street in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania was established in 1872. Olivet Methodist Episcopal Church was established in 1901 at 63rd Street and Grays Avenue. The two churches merged in 1922 to form Olivet-Bethany Methodist Episcopal Church at the 63rd Street and Grays Avenue location. Olivet-Bethany United Methodist Church was discontinued in 2005. The Olivet-Bethany United Methodist Church records, 1879-1991, consist of Quarterly Conference records, official board records, trustee minutes, membership and vital records (baptisms, marriages, deaths), legal papers, and some other documents. (View full finding aid.)
title
Olivet-Bethany United Methodist Church records
creator
Olivet-Bethany United Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
id
UMC.13
repository
extent
2.2 linear feet
inclusive date
1879-1991
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Bethany Methodist Episcopal Church at 11th Street and Mifflin Street in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania was established in 1872. Olivet Methodist Episcopal Church was established in 1901 at 63rd Street and Grays Avenue. The two churches merged in 1922 to form Olivet-Bethany Methodist Episcopal Church at the 63rd Street and Grays Avenue location. Olivet-Bethany United Methodist Church was discontinued in 2005. The Olivet-Bethany United Methodist Church records, 1879-1991, consist of Quarterly Conference records, official board records, trustee minutes, membership and vital records (baptisms, marriages, deaths), legal papers, and some other documents.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1872-1942
Creator:
Park Avenue Methodist Episcopal Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Extent: 2 linear feet
Park Avenue Methodist Episcopal Church was established in 1873 at Park and Norris Streets in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Park Avenue Methodist Church was discontinued around 1941. The Park Avenue Methodist Episcopal Church records, 1872-1942, consist of organizational meeting minutes, trustee minutes, membership and vital records (members, marriages, and baptisms), and various other documents. (View full finding aid.)
title
Park Avenue Methodist Episcopal Church records
creator
Park Avenue Methodist Episcopal Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
id
UMC.30
repository
extent
2 linear feet
inclusive date
1872-1942
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Park Avenue Methodist Episcopal Church was established in 1873 at Park and Norris Streets in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Park Avenue Methodist Church was discontinued around 1941. The Park Avenue Methodist Episcopal Church records, 1872-1942, consist of organizational meeting minutes, trustee minutes, membership and vital records (members, marriages, and baptisms), and various other documents.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1855-1952
Creator:
Pitman Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Extent: 1.5 linear feet
Pitman Methodist Episcopal Church was established in 1856 at 23rd and Lombard Streets in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and later moved to 28th and Dickson Streets. Pitman Methodist Church was discontinued in 1952. The Pitman Methodist Church records, 1855-1952, consist of Trustee, Quarterly Conference, and Board of Leaders and Stewards minutes, as well as lists of members, marriages, and baptisms, and various other documents. (View full finding aid.)
title
Pitman Methodist Church records
creator
Pitman Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
id
UMC.29
repository
extent
1.5 linear feet
inclusive date
1855-1952
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Pitman Methodist Episcopal Church was established in 1856 at 23rd and Lombard Streets in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and later moved to 28th and Dickson Streets. Pitman Methodist Church was discontinued in 1952. The Pitman Methodist Church records, 1855-1952, consist of Trustee, Quarterly Conference, and Board of Leaders and Stewards minutes, as well as lists of members, marriages, and baptisms, and various other documents.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1846-1959
Creator:
Port Richmond Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Extent: 2 linear feet
Port Richmond Methodist Episcopal Church was founded in 1846 in Port Richmond, which was then a district outside the City of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, but was later incorporated into and became a neighborhood of the city in the 1854 city/county consolidation of Philadelphia. Port Richmond Methodist Church was discontinued in 1955. The Port Richmond Methodist Church records, 1846-1959, consist of trustee minutes, official board minutes, corporation minutes, Quarterly Conference records, membership records, baptisms, and marriages. (View full finding aid.)
title
Port Richmond Methodist Church records
creator
Port Richmond Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
id
UMC.16
repository
extent
2 linear feet
inclusive date
1846-1959
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Port Richmond Methodist Episcopal Church was founded in 1846 in Port Richmond, which was then a district outside the City of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, but was later incorporated into and became a neighborhood of the city in the 1854 city/county consolidation of Philadelphia. Port Richmond Methodist Church was discontinued in 1955. The Port Richmond Methodist Church records, 1846-1959, consist of trustee minutes, official board minutes, corporation minutes, Quarterly Conference records, membership records, baptisms, and marriages.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1892-1991
Creator:
Providence United Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Extent: 1.2 linear feet
Providence Methodist Episcopal Church, located at Front and Allegheny streets in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania was organized in 1891 and remained open until its discontinuance as Providence United Methodist Church in 1992. The Providence United Methodist Church records, 1892-1991, consist largely of membership and vital records such as baptisms, marriages, deaths, and transfers. Also included are a small amount of minutes from the Board of Trustees and Charge Conferences, some property related documents, some historical materials and ephemera, and various other documents. (View full finding aid.)
title
Providence United Methodist Church records
creator
Providence United Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
id
UMC.44
repository
extent
1.2 linear feet
inclusive date
1892-1991
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Providence Methodist Episcopal Church, located at Front and Allegheny streets in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania was organized in 1891 and remained open until its discontinuance as Providence United Methodist Church in 1992. The Providence United Methodist Church records, 1892-1991, consist largely of membership and vital records such as baptisms, marriages, deaths, and transfers. Also included are a small amount of minutes from the Board of Trustees and Charge Conferences, some property related documents, some historical materials and ephemera, and various other documents.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1832-2007
Creator:
Rehoboth Methodist Episcopal Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Extent: 3 linear feet
Rehoboth Methodist Episcopal Church in the Frankford Section of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania is known as the "mother church" of Frankford Methodism. It traces its roots to the first "Methodist Society" in the community, established in 1829. In 2001, Rehoboth merged into Central United Methodist Church, which closed in 2005. The Rehoboth Methodist Episcopal Church records, 1832-2007, include financial records, membership and cemetery records, class lists, board and trustee minutes, anniversary materials, worship bulletins, newsletters, photographs, ephemera, and various other documents. Some materials have been microfilmed and are available at other repositories. (View full finding aid.)
title
Rehoboth Methodist Episcopal Church records
creator
Rehoboth Methodist Episcopal Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
id
UMC.12
repository
extent
3 linear feet
inclusive date
1832-2007
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Rehoboth Methodist Episcopal Church in the Frankford Section of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania is known as the "mother church" of Frankford Methodism. It traces its roots to the first "Methodist Society" in the community, established in 1829. In 2001, Rehoboth merged into Central United Methodist Church, which closed in 2005. The Rehoboth Methodist Episcopal Church records, 1832-2007, include financial records, membership and cemetery records, class lists, board and trustee minutes, anniversary materials, worship bulletins, newsletters, photographs, ephemera, and various other documents. Some materials have been microfilmed and are available at other repositories.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1834-1978
Creator:
Sarah D. Cooper Memorial United Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Extent: 2.5 linear feet
Methodists began meeting for religious instruction in Haddington, then a suburb to the west of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, in the summer of 1830. Haddington Methodist Episcopal Church was formally chartered in 1849. In 1893, the congregation changed its name to Sarah D. Cooper Memorial Methodist Episcopal Church. Sarah D. Cooper Memorial United Methodist Church closed in 1978. The Sarah D. Cooper Memorial United Methodist Church records, 1834-1978, include trustee minutes, Quarterly Conference minutes, cemetery records, vital and membership records, photographs, and other documents. (View full finding aid.)
title
Sarah D. Cooper Memorial United Methodist Church records
creator
Sarah D. Cooper Memorial United Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
id
UMC.34
repository
extent
2.5 linear feet
inclusive date
1834-1978
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Methodists began meeting for religious instruction in Haddington, then a suburb to the west of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, in the summer of 1830. Haddington Methodist Episcopal Church was formally chartered in 1849. In 1893, the congregation changed its name to Sarah D. Cooper Memorial Methodist Episcopal Church. Sarah D. Cooper Memorial United Methodist Church closed in 1978. The Sarah D. Cooper Memorial United Methodist Church records, 1834-1978, include trustee minutes, Quarterly Conference minutes, cemetery records, vital and membership records, photographs, and other documents.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1861-1992
Creator:
Siloam United Methodist Church (West Philadelphia, Pa.)
Extent: 1.5 linear feet
Siloam Methodist Episcopal Church (formerly known as Kingsessing Church) was established in 1834. It was located in Paschalville, now the West Philadelphia, Pennsylvania neighborhood of Kingsessing, at Woodland Avenue and 70th Street. Siloam United Methodist Church was discontinued in 1992. The Siloam United Methodist Church records, 1861-1992, consist of baptisms, marriages, and membership records, with a few other documents. (View full finding aid.)
title
Siloam United Methodist Church records
creator
Siloam United Methodist Church (West Philadelphia, Pa.)
id
UMC.48
repository
extent
1.5 linear feet
inclusive date
1861-1992
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Siloam Methodist Episcopal Church (formerly known as Kingsessing Church) was established in 1834. It was located in Paschalville, now the West Philadelphia, Pennsylvania neighborhood of Kingsessing, at Woodland Avenue and 70th Street. Siloam United Methodist Church was discontinued in 1992. The Siloam United Methodist Church records, 1861-1992, consist of baptisms, marriages, and membership records, with a few other documents.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1868-2012
Creator:
Simpson Memorial United Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Extent: 5 linear feet
Cambria Street Methodist Episcopal Church in the Kensington neighborhood of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania was founded in 1868. In 1889, the church accepted funding from the Annual Conference to build a new church building on condition that the church be renamed Simpson Memorial Methodist Episcopal Church in memory of Bishop Matthew Simpson. Simpson Memorial United Methodist Church was discontinued around 2012. The Simpson Memorial United Methodist Church records, 1868-2012, consist mainly of membership records, board minutes, Quarterly Conference minutes, and Charge Conference minutes. There are also small amounts of building-related records, ephemera, flyers, pamphlets, and a few photos. Some of the records have been microfilmed. (View full finding aid.)
title
Simpson Memorial United Methodist Church records
creator
Simpson Memorial United Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
id
UMC.28
repository
extent
5 linear feet
inclusive date
1868-2012
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Cambria Street Methodist Episcopal Church in the Kensington neighborhood of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania was founded in 1868. In 1889, the church accepted funding from the Annual Conference to build a new church building on condition that the church be renamed Simpson Memorial Methodist Episcopal Church in memory of Bishop Matthew Simpson. Simpson Memorial United Methodist Church was discontinued around 2012. The Simpson Memorial United Methodist Church records, 1868-2012, consist mainly of membership records, board minutes, Quarterly Conference minutes, and Charge Conference minutes. There are also small amounts of building-related records, ephemera, flyers, pamphlets, and a few photos. Some of the records have been microfilmed.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1861-1988
Creator:
Spring Garden Street United Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Extent: 2 linear feet
Founded in 1861, Spring Garden Street Methodist Episcopal Church's building at 20th and Spring Garden Streets in the Fairmount section of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania was constructed in 1865. In 1986, there was a resolution to discontinue Spring Garden United Methodist Church, but its closing appears not to have happened until 1988. The Spring Garden Street United Methodist Church records, 1861-1988, consist of minutes of the corporation, trustee minutes, Quarterly Conference minutes, baptisms, marriages, and funerals. (View full finding aid.)
title
Spring Garden Street United Methodist Church records
creator
Spring Garden Street United Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
id
UMC.20
repository
extent
2 linear feet
inclusive date
1861-1988
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Founded in 1861, Spring Garden Street Methodist Episcopal Church's building at 20th and Spring Garden Streets in the Fairmount section of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania was constructed in 1865. In 1986, there was a resolution to discontinue Spring Garden United Methodist Church, but its closing appears not to have happened until 1988. The Spring Garden Street United Methodist Church records, 1861-1988, consist of minutes of the corporation, trustee minutes, Quarterly Conference minutes, baptisms, marriages, and funerals.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1763-2014
Creator:
St. George's United Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Extent: 45 linear feet
Historic St. George's Church in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania is known as the cradle of American Methodism. St. George's is American Methodism's oldest church building in continuous service; people called 'Methodists' have been meeting there since 1769. St. George's United Methodist Church records, 1763-2014, include vital records, administrative materials, financial documents, papers from subgroups of the church, photographs, blueprints, and various other materials. (View full finding aid.)
title
St. George's United Methodist Church records
creator
St. George's United Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
id
UMC.06
repository
extent
45 linear feet
inclusive date
1763-2014
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Historic St. George's Church in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania is known as the cradle of American Methodism. St. George's is American Methodism's oldest church building in continuous service; people called 'Methodists' have been meeting there since 1769. St. George's United Methodist Church records, 1763-2014, include vital records, administrative materials, financial documents, papers from subgroups of the church, photographs, blueprints, and various other materials.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1924-2005
Creator:
Tabernacle Memorial United Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Extent: 1.33 linear feet
Tabernacle Memorial Methodist Church of Rhawnhurst, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, established in 1924, was formerly known as Berean, and then, Rhawnhurst Methodist Church. It was located at Loretto and Ripley Streets. Tabernacle Memorial United Methodist Church was discontinued around 2005. The Tabernacle Memorial United Methodist Church records, 1924-2005, consist primarily of board minutes, trustee minutes, Charge Conference minutes, and membership and vital records. Also included are some financial records, event and worship programs, and various other documents. (View full finding aid.)
title
Tabernacle Memorial United Methodist Church records
creator
Tabernacle Memorial United Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
id
UMC.07
repository
extent
1.33 linear feet
inclusive date
1924-2005
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Tabernacle Memorial Methodist Church of Rhawnhurst, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, established in 1924, was formerly known as Berean, and then, Rhawnhurst Methodist Church. It was located at Loretto and Ripley Streets. Tabernacle Memorial United Methodist Church was discontinued around 2005. The Tabernacle Memorial United Methodist Church records, 1924-2005, consist primarily of board minutes, trustee minutes, Charge Conference minutes, and membership and vital records. Also included are some financial records, event and worship programs, and various other documents.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1814-1986
(Bulk: 1854-1942)
Creator:
Tabernacle Methodist Episcopal Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Extent: 1.5 linear feet
Tabernacle Methodist Episcopal Church at 11th Street above Jefferson Street in North Philadelphia, Pennsylvania was established in 1814. Its iconic church building was destroyed by fire in 1857, but a second structure modeled on the first was completed the next year. Tabernacle Methodist Church was discontinued in 1941. The Tabernacle Methodist Episcopal Church records, 1814-1986 (bulk 1854-1942), consist of Quarterly Conference minutes, Trustee minutes, and various other financial, administrative, and historical documents, as well as a large amount of membership and vital records (membership, marriages, and baptisms). (View full finding aid.)
title
Tabernacle Methodist Episcopal Church records
creator
Tabernacle Methodist Episcopal Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
id
UMC.49
repository
extent
1.5 linear feet
inclusive date
1814-1986
bulk date
1854-1942
abstract/scope/contents
Tabernacle Methodist Episcopal Church at 11th Street above Jefferson Street in North Philadelphia, Pennsylvania was established in 1814. Its iconic church building was destroyed by fire in 1857, but a second structure modeled on the first was completed the next year. Tabernacle Methodist Church was discontinued in 1941. The Tabernacle Methodist Episcopal Church records, 1814-1986 (bulk 1854-1942), consist of Quarterly Conference minutes, Trustee minutes, and various other financial, administrative, and historical documents, as well as a large amount of membership and vital records (membership, marriages, and baptisms).
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
« First • Previous • NextLast »