Philadelphia Area Archives Research Portal (PAARP)

Navigation Aids

Philadelphia Area Archives Research Portal (PAARP)
Search Finding Aids
 

Filters

hide/display content

Currently Used Filters

Remove
filtered Repository: Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church
Remove
filtered Sort: Title (ascending)
Sort Results By:
hide/display content

Possible Sorts:

Narrow Results By:
view more...
view more...
view more...

Main Content

« FirstPrevious • Next • Last »
Results: *RSS*
Showing hits 51 - 57 out of 57  
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1924-2001
Creator:
Trinity United Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Extent: 3.25 linear feet
Trinity Methodist Episcopal Church was formalized as a congregation and broke ground on a church building at Castor Avenue and Tyson Avenue in Northeast Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, in 1927. Trinity United Methodist Church was discontinued in 2001. The Trinity United Methodist Church records, 1924-2001, include board minutes, Quarterly and Charge Conference records, trustee minutes, property-related records, worship bulletins, anniversary booklets and historical documents, photographs, membership and vital records (directories, marriages, baptisms, funerals), and various other documents. (View full finding aid.)
title
Trinity United Methodist Church records
creator
Trinity United Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
id
UMC.17
repository
extent
3.25 linear feet
inclusive date
1924-2001
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Trinity Methodist Episcopal Church was formalized as a congregation and broke ground on a church building at Castor Avenue and Tyson Avenue in Northeast Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, in 1927. Trinity United Methodist Church was discontinued in 2001. The Trinity United Methodist Church records, 1924-2001, include board minutes, Quarterly and Charge Conference records, trustee minutes, property-related records, worship bulletins, anniversary booklets and historical documents, photographs, membership and vital records (directories, marriages, baptisms, funerals), and various other documents.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1893-1993
Creator:
Trinity United Methodist Church (Reading, Pa.)
Extent: 1.2 linear feet
Trinity United Brethren Church in Reading, Pennsylvania was formed in 1912 as a merger of Memorial Young People's Christian Union Church (United Brethren in Christ) in Reading, Otterbein Society of the Church of United Brethren in Christ in Reading, and Salem Society of the Church of the United Brethren in Christ in Sinking Spring. Trinity United Methodist Church was discontinued in 1993. The Trinity United Methodist Church records, 1893-1993, consist of membership and vital records as well as meeting minutes (Charge Conference, Quarterly Conference, Official Board) relating to Trinity United Methodist Church, as well as membership and vital records from its three predecessor churches, and a small number of property-related documents. (View full finding aid.)
title
Trinity United Methodist Church records
creator
Trinity United Methodist Church (Reading, Pa.)
id
UMC.46
repository
extent
1.2 linear feet
inclusive date
1893-1993
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Trinity United Brethren Church in Reading, Pennsylvania was formed in 1912 as a merger of Memorial Young People's Christian Union Church (United Brethren in Christ) in Reading, Otterbein Society of the Church of United Brethren in Christ in Reading, and Salem Society of the Church of the United Brethren in Christ in Sinking Spring. Trinity United Methodist Church was discontinued in 1993. The Trinity United Methodist Church records, 1893-1993, consist of membership and vital records as well as meeting minutes (Charge Conference, Quarterly Conference, Official Board) relating to Trinity United Methodist Church, as well as membership and vital records from its three predecessor churches, and a small number of property-related documents.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1891-2004
Creator:
Trinity-Chelten United Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Extent: 3 linear feet
Trinity-Chelten United Methodist Church in the Germantown neighborhood of Philadelphia was established in 1970 as a merger of Chelten Avenue United Methodist Church (founded as Chelten Avenue Methodist Episcopal Church in 1886) and Trinity United Methodist Church (organized as Trinity Methodist Episcopal Church in 1900). The merged congregation met in the Chelten Avenue church building until it was discontinued in 2004. The Trinity-Chelten United Methodist Church records, 1891-2004, are largely composed of records from Chelten Avenue Methodist Episcopal Church, although some materials relate to Trinity Methodist Episcopal Church or the merged congregation. It includes Quarterly Conference records, trustee minutes, official board minutes, administrative board and council minutes, Charge Conference materials, membership and vital records (marriages, baptisms, funerals), and a small amount of financial documents, church histories, photographs, and other materials. (View full finding aid.)
title
Trinity-Chelten United Methodist Church records
creator
Trinity-Chelten United Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
id
UMC.25
repository
extent
3 linear feet
inclusive date
1891-2004
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Trinity-Chelten United Methodist Church in the Germantown neighborhood of Philadelphia was established in 1970 as a merger of Chelten Avenue United Methodist Church (founded as Chelten Avenue Methodist Episcopal Church in 1886) and Trinity United Methodist Church (organized as Trinity Methodist Episcopal Church in 1900). The merged congregation met in the Chelten Avenue church building until it was discontinued in 2004. The Trinity-Chelten United Methodist Church records, 1891-2004, are largely composed of records from Chelten Avenue Methodist Episcopal Church, although some materials relate to Trinity Methodist Episcopal Church or the merged congregation. It includes Quarterly Conference records, trustee minutes, official board minutes, administrative board and council minutes, Charge Conference materials, membership and vital records (marriages, baptisms, funerals), and a small amount of financial documents, church histories, photographs, and other materials.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1873-1944
Creator:
Twenty-Ninth Street Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Extent: 1 linear feet
The North Penn Mission (Colored), primarily catering to African American inhabitants of the neighborhood now known as the Strawberry Mansion section of Philadelphia, was established around 1860. The congregation was renamed Twenty-Ninth Street Methodist Episcopal Church in 1875, with the construction of a new church building. Twenty-Ninth Street Methodist Church was discontinued in 1944. The Twenty-Ninth Street Methodist Church records, 1873-1944, consist of member lists, marriages, and baptisms, as well as a bound volume of Twenty-Ninth Street Methodist Episcopal Church newsletters, and a few other documents. (View full finding aid.)
title
Twenty-Ninth Street Methodist Church records
creator
Twenty-Ninth Street Methodist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
id
UMC.52
repository
extent
1 linear feet
inclusive date
1873-1944
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The North Penn Mission (Colored), primarily catering to African American inhabitants of the neighborhood now known as the Strawberry Mansion section of Philadelphia, was established around 1860. The congregation was renamed Twenty-Ninth Street Methodist Episcopal Church in 1875, with the construction of a new church building. Twenty-Ninth Street Methodist Church was discontinued in 1944. The Twenty-Ninth Street Methodist Church records, 1873-1944, consist of member lists, marriages, and baptisms, as well as a bound volume of Twenty-Ninth Street Methodist Episcopal Church newsletters, and a few other documents.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1840-2011
Creator:
United Methodist Church of Narberth (Narberth, Pa.)
Extent: 1.67 linear feet
Beth-Raffen Methodist Episcopal Church was established in 1884 in what is today known as Narberth, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. Originally part of the Merion Square Circuit, Beth-Raffen changed its name to Narberth Methodist Episcopal Church and became a separate station under the Philadelphia Conference in 1897. The United Methodist Church of Narberth was discontinued in 2013. The United Methodist Church of Narberth records, 1840-2011, consist largely of membership and vital records such as baptisms, marriages, deaths, and transfers; and minutes of the Board of Trustees, Official Board, Quarterly Conference, membership meetings, and Building Committee. Also included are a small amount of photographs, anniversary programs, correspondence, historical materials, directories, bulletins, and other documents. (View full finding aid.)
title
United Methodist Church of Narberth records
creator
United Methodist Church of Narberth (Narberth, Pa.)
id
UMC.35
repository
extent
1.67 linear feet
inclusive date
1840-2011
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
Beth-Raffen Methodist Episcopal Church was established in 1884 in what is today known as Narberth, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. Originally part of the Merion Square Circuit, Beth-Raffen changed its name to Narberth Methodist Episcopal Church and became a separate station under the Philadelphia Conference in 1897. The United Methodist Church of Narberth was discontinued in 2013. The United Methodist Church of Narberth records, 1840-2011, consist largely of membership and vital records such as baptisms, marriages, deaths, and transfers; and minutes of the Board of Trustees, Official Board, Quarterly Conference, membership meetings, and Building Committee. Also included are a small amount of photographs, anniversary programs, correspondence, historical materials, directories, bulletins, and other documents.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1873-2003
Creator:
Upland United Methodist Church (Brookhaven, Pa.)
Extent: 2.75 linear feet
The congregation for Upland United Methodist Church began meeting in 1866, although it was not until 1873 that construction began on a new church building, at Church and Eighth Streets in the nearby Borough of Brookhaven, Delaware County, Pennsylvania. The final service was held at Upland United Methodist Church on Sunday July 13, 2003. The Upland United Methodist Church records, 1873-2003, consist largely of minutes of the official board, administrative board, and board of trustees; Charge Conference reports; and membership and vital records such as baptisms, marriages, and deaths. Also included are a small amount of property-related records (featuring blueprints of the church organ and a photograph of the church building), directories, bulletins, budgets, and other documents. (View full finding aid.)
title
Upland United Methodist Church records
creator
Upland United Methodist Church (Brookhaven, Pa.)
id
UMC.23
repository
extent
2.75 linear feet
inclusive date
1873-2003
bulk date
abstract/scope/contents
The congregation for Upland United Methodist Church began meeting in 1866, although it was not until 1873 that construction began on a new church building, at Church and Eighth Streets in the nearby Borough of Brookhaven, Delaware County, Pennsylvania. The final service was held at Upland United Methodist Church on Sunday July 13, 2003. The Upland United Methodist Church records, 1873-2003, consist largely of minutes of the official board, administrative board, and board of trustees; Charge Conference reports; and membership and vital records such as baptisms, marriages, and deaths. Also included are a small amount of property-related records (featuring blueprints of the church organ and a photograph of the church building), directories, bulletins, budgets, and other documents.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]
1883-1973
(Bulk: 1940-1973)
Creator:
Woman's Society of Christian Service of the Philadelphia Conference of the Methodist Church
Extent: 2.75 linear feet
The Woman's Home Missionary Society of the Philadelphia Conference of the Methodist Episcopal Church was organized in 1883, a few years after the national equivalent was formed. Its local programs included immigrant homes, boarding homes for women, Vacation Bible School, and a clinic. After the 1939 merger that resulted in the new corporation of the Methodist Church, the Society was folded into the Woman's Society of Christian Service. The Woman's Society of Christian Service was merged into the United Methodist Women in 1972. The Woman's Society of Christian Service of the Philadelphia Conference of the Methodist Church records, 1883-1973 (bulk 1940-1973), include minutes, ledgers and other financial documents, a scrapbook, newsletters, yearbooks, and annual reports of several foreign and domestic missionary groups. (View full finding aid.)
title
Woman's Society of Christian Service of the Philadelphia Conference of the Methodist Church records
creator
Woman's Society of Christian Service of the Philadelphia Conference of the Methodist Church
id
UMC.54
repository
extent
2.75 linear feet
inclusive date
1883-1973
bulk date
1940-1973
abstract/scope/contents
The Woman's Home Missionary Society of the Philadelphia Conference of the Methodist Episcopal Church was organized in 1883, a few years after the national equivalent was formed. Its local programs included immigrant homes, boarding homes for women, Vacation Bible School, and a clinic. After the 1939 merger that resulted in the new corporation of the Methodist Church, the Society was folded into the Woman's Society of Christian Service. The Woman's Society of Christian Service was merged into the United Methodist Women in 1972. The Woman's Society of Christian Service of the Philadelphia Conference of the Methodist Church records, 1883-1973 (bulk 1940-1973), include minutes, ledgers and other financial documents, a scrapbook, newsletters, yearbooks, and annual reports of several foreign and domestic missionary groups.
date_facet
bulk_date_facet
language_facet
name_facet
name_with_roles_facet
geographical_subject_facet
topical_subject_facet
genre_form_facet
« FirstPrevious • Next • Last »