Attached description:" The Temple of Horhat--the Good Spirit-- at Edfoo, gives a fair idea of the aspect and proportion of
an Egyptian temple when entire, and how, like a Norman church, it would serve as a fortress as well as sanctuary. It consists
of the propylon, or towers of the doorway (No. 1075) at the southern end, the paved court and peristyle and the roofed sanctuary
(No. 1076) with its deep shade. The intercolumnar screen represents the offerings of the various kings who built and enlarged
the temple--the brother Ptolomies, Philometor, and Physcon, and the latter's son, Lathyrus, B.C. 180-106. The variety of the
capitals seems to betoken an eclecticism in art. No. 1077, giving the general aspect of the Nile valley, shows how the soil
has accumulated against the ancient buildings."
Temple walls, propylon and colonnaded building